You’re interested in bees and would like to work producing local urban honey? Alvéole has a sweet deal for you! We’re presently looking to fill 3 positions on our honey extraction team in Vancouver for the 2021 harvest.
These are full-time (40 hrs per week, 4 weeks) contract positions for the harvest season only, from July 8th, 2021 to August 6th, 2021.
Click here to see a video of honey extraction.
At Alvéole, we install urban beehives while educating thousands of businesses, organizations, schools, and families about bees and beekeeping along the way.
Ultimately, we want to make people fond of bees, which in turn will lead to them falling in love with nature and building awareness about the impact that each and every one of us can have in preserving our environment. We’re a B Corp founded in 2013, active today in Canada, the United States and Europe, and officially joined the 1% for the planet movement in January 2021.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Honey harvest - Accompany a beekeeper to harvest the honey boxes
- Honey extraction - uncapping the honey frames
- Operate the machines in the extraction line
- Help unload the honey boxes from trucks
- Clean the extraction room
- Jar honey
- Label honey jars
- Manage client’s equipment and honey harvests
- Interacting with clients
- Attention to detail
- Good team spirit
- Customer service
- Enjoys repetitive tasks
- Can handle heat and heavy lifting (40 pounds)
Deadline to Apply: June 18, 2021